[hpc-announce] Student Travel Grant for attending CCGrid 2014 symposium
yong.chen at ttu.edu
Mon Mar 3 10:56:24 CST 2014
[Apologize for any duplicated post]
We are glad to announce the availability of a number of student travel grants to assist full-time students to attend the 14th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2014, http://datasys.cs.iit.edu/events/CCGrid2014/), May 26-29, in Chicago. If you have students who you’d like to let them apply for the travel grant, or if you know any students who might be interested, please share with them this opportunity. The details of this travel grant opportunity can be found below or online at http://datasys.cs.iit.edu/events/CCGrid2014/call-students.html. Students will need to submit their applications by **March 21st, 2014**. Thank you!
Student Award Chair, CCGrid 2014
With the sponsorship of the U.S. National Science Foundation and the IEEE Technical Committee on Scalable Computing, a number of student travel grants are available to assist full-time students to attend the 14th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2014). These grants will be distributed after the conference in the form of reimbursements against actual travel, registration and accommodations expenses. If you are interested in applying for a CCGrid 2014 travel grant, please read the requirements and instructions below and visit the application site (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ccgrid14studenttrave) to submit an application by March 21st, 2014.
1. Each applicant needs to submit a CV and a statement with up to 450 words. In the statement, you are expected to describe: 1) your current academic program (undergraduate, Masters, or Ph.D. student), stage of study, and any underrepresented group status (this information is optional and provided voluntarily); 2) the motivation/reason of attending the CCGrid 2014 conference and the needs of the travel support including the dollar amount and brief description of travel assistance requested; and 3) the plan of maximizing the benefit of the travel support. Please limit your statement writing within 450 words. The application deadline is March 21st, 2014.
2. After the conference is completed, all awardees are required to submit a 1-page summary about the conference attendance experience within one week of the conference end date. The reimbursement check will be mailed to you after your summary is received.
1. Please login EasyChair (please create an EasyChair account if you don’t have one yet)
2. Please provide your name, email, and organization (institution) under “Author 1” box
3. Please provide your academic advisor’s information in “Author 2” box or additional boxes if you have co-advisors
4. Please provide your full name in the “title” field and provide “This is intended to be blank” in the “abstract” and “keywords” fields
5. Please provide your statement and CV via the “paper” and “attachment” sections respectively
6. Please click the “submit” button to submit your application.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at ccgrid14studenttravel at easychair.org<mailto:ccgrid14studenttravel at easychair.org>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce