[hpc-announce] EnA-HPC 2014 Call for Papers

EnA-HPC enahpc2014 at zih.tu-dresden.de
Tue Feb 4 09:50:46 CST 2014

                             CALL FOR PAPERS
  International Conference on Energy-Aware High Performance Computing
                              EnA-HPC 2014
                   September 1-2, 2014, Dresden, Germany
                             www.ena-hpc.org

The EnA-HPC conference brings together researchers, developers, vendors, and users to discuss the energy consumption challenge that HPC is facing. In 2014, the 5th EnA-HPC will take place in Dresden, Germany on September 1-2, 2014.

**** IMPORTANT DATES ****
Papers Due:               April 11th, 2014
Author Notification:      May 23rd, 2014
Camera-Ready Submission:  May 28th, 2014

**** TOPICS ****
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- APPLICATIONS: How to develop energy-efficient algorithms?
- MODELING: How can we model the overall energy consumption of an HPC environment for given applications?
- SIMULATION: How can we simulate the behavior of energy saving concepts for a given HPC environment and a given program?
- BENCHMARKING: How can we benchmark the program/architecture energy efficiency?
- MEASUREMENT: How can we measure relevant data in the hardware/software environment?
- ANALYSIS: How can we understand the measured data and deduce means to mitigate the energy problem?
- DEPLOYMENT OF MECHANISMS: How can we reduce energy consumption by changing the HW/SW-environment?
- DEPLOYMENT OF NEW HARDWARE: Energy optimized processors, network components, storage components, etc.
- FACILITY ISSUES: How can we optimize our computer room for optimal power efficiency?
- BUSINESS CONCEPT: How to budget raising electricity costs?

**** SUBMISSION GUIDELINES ****
- We accept papers with no more than eight pages in two-column layout.
- The only language accepted is English.
- Author guidelines are available from Springer. Select "Instructions for Authors" on the Journal's Homepage - http://www.springer.com/computer/journal/450
- Latex template: http://www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/LaTeX.zip
- Papers must be submitted via EasyChair as PDF - https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=enahpc2014
- Please select at least one of the topics in the submission form.
- Questions can be sent to enahpc2014 at easychair.org.
- Papers will be peer-reviewed by three reviewers.
- They will be evaluated based on their novelty, fundamental insights and potential for long-term contribution.
- By submitting a paper you agree to present the paper at EnA-HPC 2014 in Dresden, Germany.
- At least one author has to register for EnA-HPC 2014 participation.
- Accepted papers will be published in a special edition of “Computer Science – Research and Development”, Springer Verlag.

**** EnA-HPC 2014 GENERAL CHAIRS ****
- Wolfgang E. Nagel, Technische Universität Dresden, Dresden, Germany
- Thomas Ludwig, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
- Matthias Müller, Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, Aachen, Germany

PDF version of CfP: http://www.ena-hpc.org/CfP_Ena-HPC-2014_A4.pdf
For more information see http://www.ena-hpc.org