[hpc-announce] ISORC 2015 - Deadline Extension: 28/12/2014
D.E.Webster at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Dec 15 04:07:08 CST 2014
Extended submission deadline: 28 December 2014 Submission at: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isorc2015
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 18th IEEE International Symposium On Real-Time Computing
Auckland, New Zealand
April 13 - 17, 2015
Scope and Topics of Interest
ISORC has become established as the leading event devoted to state-of-the-art research in the field of object/component/service-oriented real-time distributed computing (ORC) technology. We invite original submissions from academia and industry pertaining to all aspects of ORC technology. These include, but are not limited to:
* Programming and system engineering: ORC paradigms, object/component models, languages, synchronous languages, RT CORBA, Embedded .NET, RT RMI, RT Java, UML, model-driven development, specification, design, verification, validation, testing, maintenance, system of systems, time-predictable systems and hardware.
* Distributed computing and communication infrastructures: real-time communication, networked platforms, protocols, Internet QoS, peer-to-peer computing, sensor networks, trusted and dependable systems.
* System software: real-time kernels and OS, middleware support for ORC, QoS management, extensibility, synchronization, resource allocation, scheduling, fault tolerance, security.
* Applications: embedded systems (automotive, avionics, consumer electronics, building systems, sensors, etc), multimedia processing, RT Web-based applications, real-time object-oriented simulations.
* System evaluation: output accuracy, timing, dependability, end-to-end QoS, overhead, fault detection and recovery time.
* Cyber-physical systems: mobile systems, wireless sensor networks, real-time analytics, autonomous automotive systems, process control systems, distributed robotics.
Guidelines for Manuscripts
* Research Papers:
Papers should describe original work and be maximum 8 pages in length using the IEEE paper format (link to templates). A maximum of two extra pages may be purchased.
* Papers presenting Industrial Advances:
Industrial papers and practitioner reports, describing experiences of using ORC technology in application or tool development projects, are an integral part of the technical program of ISORC. A majority of these papers are expected to be shorter and less formal than research papers. They should clearly identify, and discuss in detail, the issues that represent notable industrial advances. Reports with project metrics supporting their claims are particularly sought, as well as those that show both benefits and drawbacks of the approaches used in the given project.
* Short Synopses:
Short papers (4 pages or less using the IEEE format) on substantial real-time applications are also invited, and should contain enough information for the program committee to understand the scope of the project and evaluate the novelty of the problem or approach.
According to program committee guidelines, papers presenting practical techniques, ideas, or evaluations will be favored. Papers reporting experimentation results and industrial experiences are particularly welcome. Originality will not be interpreted too narrowly.
Papers that are based on severely unrealistic assumptions will not be accepted however mathematically or logically sophisticated the discussion may be.
All accepted submissions will appear in the proceedings published by IEEE. A person will not be allowed to present more than 2 papers at the symposium.
Papers are submitted through Easychair. Please use the submission link:
Journal Special Issue
The best papers from ISORC 2015 will be invited for submission to the ISORC special issue of the ACM Transaction on Embedded Computing (TECS).
* Paper Submission (extended deadline): 28 December, 2014
* Notification of Acceptance: 30 January, 2015
* Camera Ready Paper Due: 20 February, 2015
* Conference: 13-17 April, 2015
Anirudda Gokhale, Vanderbilt University, USA
Parthasarathi Roop, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Paul Townend, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
Martin Schoeberl, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Chunming Hu, Beihang University, China
Marco Aurelio Wehrmeister, Federal Univ. Technology - Parana, Brazil
Sidharta Andalam, TUM Create, Singapore
Takuya Azumi, Ritsumeikan University, Japan
Farokh Bastani, University of Texas Dallas, USA
Uwe Brinkschulte, University of Frankfurt, Germany
Shu-Ching Chen, Florida Intl University, USA
Hiroyuki Chishiro, Keio University, Japan
Juan Colmenares, Samsung Research America, USA
Abhishek Dubey, Vanderbilt University, USA
Arvind Easwaran, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Tomoya Enokido, Rissho University, Japan
Paul Ezhilchelvan, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Nathan Fisher, Wayne State University, USA
Reinhard von Hanxleden, Uni Kiel, Germany
Maria Teresa Higuera-Toledano, UCM, Spain
Vana Kalogeraki, Athens Univ. of Economics and Business, Greece
Gabor Karsai, Vanderbilt University, USA
Doo-Hyun Kim, Konkuk University, Korea
Jung Guk Kim, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Korea
Chang-Gun Lee, Seoul National University, Korea
Sunggu Lee, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Korea
Doug Locke, LC Systems Services Inc., USA
Joseph Loyall, BBN/Raytheon, USA
Tatsuo Nakajima, Waseda University, Japan
Yukikazu Nakamoto, University of Hyogo, Japan
Roman Obermaisser, University of Siegen, Germany
Shuichi Oikawa, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Mathias Pacher, University of Frankfurt, Germany
Moonju Park, Incheon National University, Korea
Carlos Pereira, UFRGS, Brazil
Wolfgang Puffitsch, Denmark Technical University, Denmark
Peter Puschner, Technical University of Vienna, Austria
Rob Pettit, The Aerospace Corporation, USA
Andreas Polze, University of Potsdam, Germany
Achim Rettberg, CvO University Oldenburg/OFFIS, Germany
Stefano Russo, Universita' di Napoli Federico II, Italy
Martin Schoeberl, Denmark Technical University, Denmark
Wolfgang Schroeder-Preikschat, University of Erlangen-Nuernberg, Germany
Bran Selic, Malina Software, Canada
Arcot Sowmya, University of New South Wales, Australia
Wilfried Steiner, TTTech Computertechnik AG, Austria
Paul Townend, University of Leeds, UK
Marisol Garcia Valls, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
Tullio Vardanega, University of Padova, Italy
Helene Waeselynck, LAAS-CNRS, France
Huaimin Wang, National University of Defense Technology
Armin Wasicek, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Marco Aurelio Wehrmeister, Federal Univ. Technology - Parana, Brazil
Matthias Werner, Technical University Chemnitz, Germany
Laurence Yang, St. Francis Xavier Univ, Canada
Liu Yang, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Yongwang Zhao, Beihang University
Zibin Zheng, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
More information about the hpc-announce