[hpc-announce] Further Announcement and CFPs for IFIP HET-NETs 2013
G.M.A.Miskeen at student.bradford.ac.uk
Tue Oct 1 07:09:20 CDT 2013
IFIP Event 02691 <http://www.ifip.org/cal_even.htm>
Seventh International Working Conference
‘Performance and Security Modelling & Evaluation of
Cooperative Heterogeneous Networks’
First EU PhD Course
‘Networks and Performance Engineering’
Mon 11th – Wed 13th Nov. 2013
Venue: Craiglands Hotel, Ilkley, West Yorkshire, England, UK
General Chair: Demetres D Kouvatsos (University of Bradford, UK)
PC Co-Chairs: Simonetta Balsamo (University of Ca’ Foscari of Venetia, Italy)
Yutaka Takahashi (Kyoto University, Japan)
Further Announcement and CFPs
The Seventh Int. HET-NET 2013 Open Conference is organised under the auspices of IFIP - International Federation of Information Processing and aims to (i) Motivate fundamental research into the performance and security modelling, analysis, standardisation and engineering of evolving, cooperative and converging multi-service networks of diverse technology and the future generation Internet (FGI) and (ii) Provide the platform for the staging of the First EU PhD Course ‘NET-PEN 2013’, based on selected HET-NETs 2013 technical papers and tutorials.
Contributions are encouraged on, but are not limited to, the following technical themes:
• Network Traffic Modelling, Characterisation and Engineering;
• Experimental Performance Validation and Measurement Platforms;
• Modelling Performance vs. Security Trade-offs in Heterogeneous Networks;
• Energy-Aware Security and QoS Routing Trade-offs in Wireless Networks;
• Queueing Theoretic-based Models for Intrusion Detection and Elimination Systems;
• Cognitive Radio Networks (CRNs) with or without Cloud Supporting Platforms;
• Network Security Management Models for Quantum Key Distributions;
• QoS Protocols for Vehicular (VANETs) and Robotic (RANETs) Ad Hoc Networks;
• Numerical, Simulation and Analytic Methodologies and Quantitative Tools;
• Queueing Network Models (QNMs) and Gen. Stochastic Petri Nets (GSPNs) with Blocking;
• Optimal Group Network Communication (Broadcasting /Multicasting) Schemes;
• Performance vs. Security Issues in Optical Networks;
• QoS and Mobility Management in Wireless Networks;
• Modelling and Quantitative Analysis of Overlay Networks;
• End-to-End QoS in Cooperative Heterogeneous Networks;
• Quality Feedback for Perceived Service Dependability;
• Standardisation Issues in Cooperative Heterogeneous Networks.
• HET-NETs 2013 E-Proceedings and in Research Webshelf of River Publishers <www.researchwebshelf. com>);
• After HET-NETs 2013: To edit an IFIP Book and Special Journal Issues of extended and updated HET-NETs 2013 papers and tutorials (SCI indexed) in the journals of WIRE / COMCOM / JCSS / Green Engineering.
Extended Closing Dates
In response to many requests from colleagues worldwide, the closing dates for submissions are extended as follows:
• Mon 21st of Oct. 2013: Submission of Technical Papers (up to six A4 pages), Tutorials (up to four A4 pages), Works-in-Progress (up to two A4 pages) and Posters (a single A4 page) for peer review;
• Sat 26th of Oct. 2013: Confirmation of Acceptance / Rejection;
Fri 1st of Nov. 2013: Submission of Camera Ready Papers (up to ten A4 pages), Tutorials (up to twenty five A4 pages), Works-in-Progress (up to six A4 pages) and Posters (up to four A4 pages).
Template for Manuscript Preparation
Please use Springer’s free paper preparation template available at:
This template includes the links LNCS author guidelines<http://static.springer.com/sgw/documents/1121537/application/pdf/Springer_CS_Proceedings_Author_Guidelines_Jan_2013.pdf>, llncs2e.zip<ftp://ftp.springer.de/pub/tex/latex/llncs/latex2e/llncs2e.zip> (for Latex) and plnproc1110.zip<ftp://ftp.springer.de/pub/tex/latex/llncs/word/splnproc1110.zip> (for Word). Before uploading, papers should be converted to PDF.
Uploading of HET-NETs 2013 Submissions
All HET-NETs 2013 paper and tutorial submissions should be uploaded in the HET-NETs 2014 On-line
Submission System (please use the link: http://computing.brad.ac.uk/hetnets-2013/submit/) as well as be sent to Miss Guzlan Miskeen_Local Chair HET-NETs 2013 <HETNETs2013 at gmail.com<mailto:HETNETs2013 at gmail.com>>.
For more information on the staging of HET-NETs 2013 and NET-PEN 2013, please contact Prof Demetres D Kouvatsos <D.Kouvatsos at Bradford.ac.uk<mailto:D.Kouvatsos at Bradford.ac.uk>>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: HET-NETs 2013_1-Oct-2013.pdf
Size: 288057 bytes
Desc: HET-NETs 2013_1-Oct-2013.pdf
More information about the hpc-announce