[hpc-announce] Call for papers: Parallel Programming for Analytics Applications Workshop @ PPoPP 2014

Priya A Nagpurkar pnagpurkar at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 6 16:13:44 CST 2013

Dear Parallel Systems Researchers,

We are organizing a workshop on Parallel Programming for Analytics
Applications at the PPoPP-19 conference.  Analytics applications are
expanding in scale and scope, home land security, social media, targeted
marketing at individual level, to name a few.  This workshop provides a
forum for the analytics applications community, parallel programming
run-time and development environment community, and systems community to
exchange ideas on how to cross-leverage the progress in each of these areas
to address the system/programming challenges posed by these analytics
applications.

Details of the workshop are at this site -
https://sites.google.com/site/2014ppaa.  We invite you to submit a paper
based on your early research in this area.  Accepted papers will be
published in ACM digital proceedings after the workshop.  The key dates
are:

   Paper Submission Deadline: Monday, December 2, 2013
   Notification of acceptance: Friday, January 10, 2014
   Camera Ready version due: Friday, January 24, 2014
   Workshop:  February 15/16, 2014

For those not submitting a paper at this point, we encourage you to
participate in this workshop.

Sincerely,
Priya Nagpurkar

Research Staff Member,
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown Heights, NY
http://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-pnagpurkar
pnagpurkar at us.ibm.com
(914) 945 1858