[hpc-announce] Call for Posters: ACM HPDC 2013

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Fri Mar 29 23:55:46 CDT 2013

**** CALL FOR POSTERS ****

The 22nd International ACM Symposium on

High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing

(HPDC'13)

New York City, USA - June 17-21, 2013

http://www.hpdc.org/2013

The ACM International Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and
Distributed Computing (HPDC)?is the premier annual conference on the
design, the implementation, the evaluation, and?the use of parallel and
distributed systems for high-end computing.HPDC'13 will take place in
the heart of iconic New York City from June 17-21. The conference will
be held on June 19-21 (Wednesday to Friday), with affiliated workshops
taking place on June 17-18 (Monday and Tuesday).

__

HPDC'13 will feature a poster session that will provide the right
environment for lively and informal discussions on various high
performance parallel and distributed computing topics.

We *invite all potential authors* to submit their contribution to this
poster session in the form of a two-page PDF abstract (we recommend
using the ACM Proceedings style, and fonts not smaller than 10 point).
Posters may be accompanied by practical demonstrations.

Participating posters will be selected based on the following criteria:

·Submissions must describe new, interesting ideas on any HPDC topics of
interest

·Submissions can present work in progress, but we strongly encourage the
authors to include preliminary experimental results, if available

·Student submissions meeting the above criteria will be given preference

Please provide the following information in your PDF file:

·Poster title

·Author names, affiliations, and email addresses

·Note which authors, if any, are students

·Indicate if you plan to set up a demo with your poster (the authors and
organizers need to agree that the requirements for the demo to function
can be met at the site of the poster exhibition)

Abstracts must be submitted through EasyChair
(https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hpdc13posters) *before May
15 2013, 23:59 EDT*. Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection
via e-mail by May 20, 2013. No reviews will be provided. Posters will be
published online on the conference website. Each poster will have an A0
panel in the poster exhibition area, which will also include posters of
the HPDC accepted papers.

The *poster session* will be held on Wednesday, June 19, in the late
afternoon, and it will start with a poster advertising session during
which the author(s) of each poster will give a very short presentation
(2 slides, 1-2 minutes) of their poster. Following these presentations,
the poster exhibition will be opened for visiting and, we hope, for
fruitful discussions. Therefore, we kindly request at least one author
of each poster to be present throughout the entire session.

For any questions about the submission, selection, and presentation of
the accepted posters, please contact the Posters Chair -- Ivan Rodero,
Rutgers University.

Ioan Raicu, Ph.D.
Distributed Systems Laboratory, MCS/ANL
Editor: IEEE TCC, Springer JoCCASA
Chair:  IEEE/ACM MTAGS, ACM ScienceCloud, IEEE/ACM DataCloud
Cel:      1-847-722-0876
Office:   1-312-567-5704
Email:    iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Web:      http://datasys.cs.iit.edu/