[hpc-announce] Invitation from CACHES (in conjunction with ICS'11, June 4th, Tucson, Arizona)

Jiayuan Meng meng.jiayuan at gmail.com
Mon May 2 13:10:44 CDT 2011

We cordially invite you to The First International Workshop on
Characterizing Applications for Heterogeneous Exascale Systems (CACHES), to
be held in conjunction with ICS'11 on June 4th at Tucson, Arizona. The goal
of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners who are
interested in heterogeneous exascale systems, to discuss their ongoing
research as well as future trends in these designs. We have researchers from
academia, industry, and national labs to present their recent work. Last but
not the least, don't miss the chance to let the "exascale" saguaro inspire
your future research!

The program is pasted below. For more details, please visit our website
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/events/workshops/caches/2011/index.html. You can
register through the ICS webpage at http://ics11.cs.arizona.edu/. Early
registration is due May 7th.

Best Regards,

Jiayuan and Pavan
CACHES Co-chairs

==================================
8:30-9:00 am: Opening Remarks by Workshop Co-chairs

9:30-10:30 am: Keynote
Compiler Optimization for Heterogeneous Systems
P. Sadayappan
==================================
10:00-10:30am: Break
==================================
10:30am-12:00pm: Session: Characterization of HPC Environments
Evaluation of Parallel Application-Level Behavioral Attributes
Jeffrey Evans and Charles E Lucas

Network-Theoretic Classification of Parallel Computation Patterns
Sean Whalen, Sean Peisert and Matt Bishop

Characterizing Application Runtime Behavior from System Logs and Metrics
Raghul Gunasekaran, David Dillow, Galen Shipman, Richard Vuduc and Edmond
Chow

==================================
12:00pm - 1:30pm: Lunch (on your own)

==================================
1:30pm - 3:00pm: Session: Optimization for Heterogeneity and Scalability
Characterization and Transformation of Unstructured Control Flow in GPU
Applications
Haicheng Wu, Gregory Diamos, Si Li and Sudhakar Yalamanchili

OpenFOAM on a GPU-based Heterogeneous Cluster
Rajat Phull, Srihari Cadambi, Nishkam Ravi and Srimat Chakradhar

Platform IO DMA Transaction Acceleration
Steen Larse and Ben Lee

3:00pm-3:30pm: Break
3:30pm - 5:00pm: Session: GPU-Accelerated HPC Applications:
Computing Spherical Harmonic Transforms on CUDA-Compatible GPUs
Fengshun Lu, Junqiang Song, Kaijun Ren, and Zhiqiang Liu

Implementing Large-Scale FFT on Heterogeneous Multi-core System
Yan Li,Haibo Lin,Jeffrey R. Diamond,Yudong Yang and Zhenxing Han

Parameter Tuning of a Hybrid Treecode-FMM on GPUs
Rio Yokota and Lorena Barba