[hpc-announce] Fwd: IEEE Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2011): Call for Demos (deadline, July 25)

Rajiv Ranjan rranjans at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 09:08:30 CDT 2011

Apologies, if you received multiple copies

	UCC 2011: Call for Research/Product Demos

2011/4th IEEE/ACM International Conference on
Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2011)
December 5-8, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.http://www.cloudbus.org/ucc2011

We invite research demonstrations from laboratories or research groups
(academic, government, or industrial) to showcase new innovations and
technologies in Cloud Computing and HPC/scientific applications at the
UCC 2011 conference. UCC is a prime venue to meet with and showcase
innovative solutions to the leading and well-recognized International
visitors in Cloud computing.

Although we are looking for demos on the emerging Cloud Computing and
GPU-based computing areas, we welcome demos from all areas within the
scope of UCC 2011. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Scientific, Engineering, Commercial or e-Science Applications using
Cloud Computing
- Middleware
- Demonstrable Open-Challenges
- Resource Management
- Scheduling and Load Balancing
- Programming Models, Tools, and Environments
- Performance Evaluation and Modeling

The proposal should include:

- Up to 2 page description of the demonstration, and
- A short (half-page) description of the research lab/team, separate
from the proposal.

Accepted research demonstrations will be invited to present in the
conference. These abstracts will not be included in the conference
proceedings, but will be published on the conference website.

Live demos are expected to be up and running during the Research
Demonstration Session. We strongly discourage recorded presentations.
In addition, authors of accepted demonstrations are expected to
communicate more general information about the specific demo and other
work being performed at their labs using their own posters (poster
boards are provided). We will be providing wireless Internet access
ONLY. This means, the hardware (compute and data resources) and
software needed for the demo should reside either in public Clouds
such as Amazon or private infrastructure of research labs/enterprises.

A Best Research Demo Award will be presented to the winning demo/team
selected by the award committee at the UCC 2011 conference.

Please submit a pdf version of the proposal to:
spandey at csse.unimelb.edu.au by the due date.

Demo Co-ordinators
--------------------
Suraj Pandey, University of Melbourne

Important Dates
Proposal Due:	 		25 July, 2011
Notification of Acceptance:	30 August, 2011

Registration

All participants are required to register for the conference. The
registration fee includes all the sessions (including the demo
session), tutorials, proceedings and a banquet ticket.