[ExM Users] LSF Job Launcher?

Justin M Wozniak wozniak at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 16 16:27:02 CDT 2015

Hi
     No, and I don't have access to any LSF systems.
     The way to get started is to check the information here:
http://swift-lang.org/Swift-T/turbine-sites.html#_turbine_as_mpi_program
Turbine runs as an MPI program.
     Then, take a look at some other scheduler script that you have used
before.  In PBS, the turbine-pbs-run.zsh script is in control.  It
substitutes variables into a template named turbine.pbs.m4, creating
turbine.pbs, and qsubs that. In turbine.pbs.m4, the key line is:

${TURBINE_LAUNCHER} ${TCLSH} ${PROGRAM} ${ARGS}

which will run as something like:

mpiexec /path/to/tclsh myprogram.tic args...

Everything else is just setting up environment variables, most of which
are optional.  The key Turbine settings are set by this command (line 54):

source ${TURBINE_HOME}/scripts/turbine-config.sh

You should be able to construct an ad hoc solution with those two key
lines.

Alternatively, you could copy turbine/scripts/submit/pbs to
turbine/scripts/submit/lsf and edit the shell scripts until it works.
Then you could send us a patch!

     Justin

On 03/16/2015 04:08 PM, Timothy Stitt (TGAC) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone developed a Turbine job launcher script for the LSF batch
> system? If so, could you kindly pass on some assistance on how to set
> it up with my local LSF cluster.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tim.
>
> ---
>
> *Timothy Stitt PhD* / Head of Scientific Computing
>
> The Genome Analysis Centre (TGAC)
>
> http://www.tgac.ac.uk/
>

> p: +44 1603 450378
>
> e: timothy.stitt at tgac.ac.uk <mailto:timothy.stitt at tgac.ac.uk>