[ExM Users] debugging suggestions for non-static main-wrap segfault

Ketan Maheshwari ketan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 29 10:00:40 CDT 2014

Hi,

Trying to main-wrap DOCK 6.6 application for ATPESC, I get the build right
(seems) but things fail at runtime giving segfault:

$ turbine -n 4 user-code.tcl

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   EXIT CODE: 139
=   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
=   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
YOUR APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Segmentation fault
(signal 11)
This typically refers to a problem with your application.
Please see the FAQ page for debugging suggestions

This is on MCS machine. Any suggestion to debug this? I tried gdb but it
gives:

 "/nfs2/ketan/exm-install/turbine/bin/turbine": not in executable format:
File format not recognized

With strace, I see some signs of missing files but not sure if that is the
cause of segfault. Attached is the strace output of:

strace -o strace.out turbine -n 4 user-code.tcl

The code has some MPI and pthread elements but does not use them as far as
I understand.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Ketan