[ExM Users] Installing Swift/T on Raven

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 16 07:33:09 CDT 2013

> I'm down to 1 error on the Turbine install on Raven:
> p01684 at raven:~/exm/turbine/trunk/code> make test_results
>
> SH tests/lib-turbine.result
>
> make: *** [tests/lib-turbine.result] Error 1
>
> p01684 at raven:~/exm/turbine/trunk/code> cat tests/lib-turbine.out
>
> mpiexec: unexpected error - no non-PBS mpiexec in PATH

Seems like that error is coming from the mpiexec brought in by the pbs module.  Its at:

p01532 at raven:~> which qsub
/opt/pbs/10.4.0.101257/bin/qsub
p01532 at raven:~> grep -i unex  /opt/pbs/10.4.0.101257/bin/mpiexec
		logerr "unexpected error - no non-PBS mpiexec in PATH"

I would suspect that on Cray systems, any turbine tests that use mpiexec need to be converted to use aprun ???

Tim, how did you build/install everything on Beagle?  Can/should we replicate what you did there on any other Cray systems we want to run on?

- Mike