[Darshan-users] Error: incompatible darshan file.

Zoya Masih zoyamasih92 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 06:07:43 CST 2023

Hello,
I have installed Darshan version 3.4.1 on an HPC cluster and generated a
log file without any problem. Then copied the log file to my own laptop,
which has version 3.4.2 installed. When I do darshan-parser, I get the
error message:
Error: incompatible darshan file.
Error: expected version 3.21, but got 3.41
Error: failed to read darshan log file header.
(also the same problem with version 3.4.1 on my laptop). There is no error
when I do a parser for log files of older version 3.3.1
Would you please guide me to understand the issue?
Sincerely
Zoya Masih