[Darshan-users] no valid logfile in instrumenting io500

Harms, Kevin harms at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Jan 31 11:20:49 CST 2023

Zoya,

  it sounds like you built the binary correctly. You can confirm that darshan is built in by using 'ldd' verify libdarshan is in the output.

  ldd <binary>

  If you're creating a log file, that's a good first step. Did the application crash while creating it? Where there any other errors that occured?
  In your default configuration, the logfile is written to a location with the date like, 2023/01/31/username_exename_datetime_seconds.darshan
  If you didn't create those directories or specify the root, it may fail to write a log. I suggest trying the following:

  This will force it to write a log to: /path/to/log.darshan

kevin