[Darshan-users] profiling DASK application using darshan

Sandra A. Mendez smendez.fi.unju at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 08:30:31 CDT 2020

Hi Razvan,
I have traced a python program by using Darshan. You only need to set up
the DARSHAN_ENABLE_NONMPI variable as follows:

export DARSHAN_ENABLE_NONMPI=1

Before running your application. Only a comment, the maximum number of
files to trace by Darshan is 1024 files per parallel task. In case of
python applications, Darshan traces all the files opened not only the
application files (but also the files opened by the python libraries). So
take care if your application overcomes that limit.
Thanks,
Sandra.-