[Darshan-users] Cannot create log directory

Snyder, Shane ssnyder at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 19 13:08:30 CDT 2020

No worries, Jeff -- we could have helped you out by outputting a more helpful error message in what is likely a common mistake 🙂

For log directory permissions, just make sure the root log directory has read+execute permissions set for anyone who will be creating logs in it. The 'darshan-mk-log-dirs' will make sure all the subdir permissions are correct.

Thanks
--Shane