[Darshan-users] darshan-parser incompatible version

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 20 11:08:43 CST 2018

Hi Zhengchun,

The log file version number isn't necessarily in sync with Darshan
release numbers (sorry for the confusion).  I would suggest trying the
last 2.x version of Darshan, which was:

ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/darshan/releases/darshan-2.3.1.tar.gz

Generally Darshan releases are backwards compatible so that newer
release will read old log files, but we broke compatibility at 3.0,
which is why the latest version on your laptop cannot read logs
generated on a system with Darshan 2.x.

thanks,
-Phil