[Darshan-users] Darshan and Fortran (mpif90)

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 29 08:17:45 CST 2017

Hi Zhong,

You might need to use the --export option to srun to make sure that the
LD_PRELOAD environment variable is propagated to the executable at run
time.

     https://slurm.schedmd.com/srun.html

I'm not an expert on slurm, but I suspect that it isn't propagating all
of your environment variables by default.

Also, is this by any chance a system where executables compiled for the
compute nodes will run correctly on the login node as well?  If so, then
you might want to start by debugging a local invocation of mpi-io-test
by just running it without mpiexec or slurm (i.e., "./mpi-io-test") to
narrow down the problem.  You might also be able to do that in an
interactive job on the compute nodes.

thanks,
-Phil