[Darshan-users] getting plots

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Mon Mar 14 17:29:28 CDT 2016

Hi, I'd like to analyze our runs with darshan. I'm able to get the log
files, but so far no luck plotting them.

In the terminal after a while I see the following output, but then the
program appears to hang. After ~20 min of no output and no evidence of
it running in top, I killed it, and I didn't see any newly created files.

I'm also wondering about the total bytes report and warning that it may
be wrong. it does indeed seem way off, du reports 1.6T, but darshan only
reports ~200G.

Please, let me know what I did wrong! and if I should I be concerned
about the numbers being so far off.

Thanks
Burlen

$/work/apps/darshan/3.0.0-pre/bin/darshan-job-summary.pl
loring_oscillator_id1336621_3-14-37256-5315836542621785504_1.darshan
Slowest unique file time: 25.579892
Slowest shared file time: 0
Total bytes read and written by app (may be incorrect): 214218545937
Total absolute I/O time: 25.579892
**NOTE: above shared and unique file times calculated using MPI-IO
timers if MPI-IO interface used on a given file, POSIX timers otherwise.