[Darshan-users] Profiling arbitrary parts of an application with Darshan

Judit Planas judit.planas at epfl.ch
Thu Jan 28 05:05:12 CST 2016

Hello,

I am using Darshan to profile my application and I wonder if it is
possible to enable/disable Darshan profiling for arbitrary parts of the
application.

The thing is that my application does a lot of I/O work, but I only want
to profile a small part. If I profile the whole application, the reports
have a lot of noise from the I/O part that I do not want to profile.

Darshan version is 2.3.1 (but I can update it to the latest one if
needed) and I am running on a BG/Q system.

Thanks in advance,
Judit