[Darshan-users] new Darshan 3.0 point release

Shane Snyder ssnyder at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 3 14:04:26 CST 2015

There is a new point release available for the modularized version of
Darshan (Darshan 3.0) available for download here:
ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/darshan/releases/darshan-3.0.0-pre2.tar.gz

This point release includes the following additions to the initial
Darshan 3.0.0 pre-release:

* the ability to configure Darshan’s max memory usage per
instrumentation module at configure time or runtime
     * use `–with-mod-mem=` configure parameter to set at configure time
     *use DARSHAN_MODMEM environment variable to set at runtime
* updated Ruby bindings for the darshan-util library to simplify Darshan
log analysis using Ruby (contributed by Matthieu Dorier)

As a reminder, this version of Darshan is experimental and still going
through alpha testing, and is thus *not* suitable for deployment on
production systems, yet. We do encourage users to consider using/testing
this version as we will be switching over to this branch in the future.
Please feel free to provide us with questions, feedback, feature
requests, etc.

Thanks!
--Darshan team