[Darshan-users] Inquiries regarding getting started with Darshan 2.3.0

Knapp, Rashawn L rashawn.l.knapp at intel.com
Mon Jan 19 19:09:27 CST 2015

Hello,

I downloaded recently Darshan version 2.3.0.  As part of a team within Intel Corporation, I am conducting a broad survey of high performance tools.  I have reviewed the documentation posted on the Darshan website, the source code, and the mail list archives, but I have a few remaining inquiries on which I hope you can assist me.  All of the following questions are from the perspective of my team bringing up Darshan on our newest and forthcoming high end server class machines and possibly becoming contributors to the source base:

  1.  In version 2.3.0, what is the most recent Intel architecture supported?
  2.  If my team would like to add support for new and upcoming platforms, what are your policies for submitting patches and updates?
  3.  Is your software team mostly centralized or distributed?
  4.  Does this version support MPI 3?

Prior to my team building Darshan, I would like to clarify these points.  I will appreciate greatly any assistance, pointers, and contacts you share with me.

Thank you,

Rashawn Knapp
Software Development Engineer
Technical Computing, Analyzers and Runtimes
Pole: JF2-1-M8 | MS: JF2-1-70-84| O: 503-264-4221