[Darshan-users] Building a code with some dynamically linked libraries and som statically linked libraries.....

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 29 13:04:51 CDT 2015

On 04/29/2015 11:23 AM, Hedges, Richard M. wrote:
> Any guidelines on dealing with this sort of situation?  Has anyone
> encountered trouble with such a situation?
>
> libc and libmpich are linked dynamically, but HDF5, NetCDF, etc. are built
> statically.  Obvious things aren¹t working (build with wrapped compiler,
> LD_PRELOAD w vanilla build, Š..)
Hi Richard,

I have not experimented with this configuration yet myself, its always
been all one way or the other.

Is one way or the other coming "close" to working right?  I would guess
that if libc and mpich are dynamic, then the LD_PRELOAD method might at
least capture posix and mpi-io calls, but would miss the HDF calls, for
example.

thanks,
-Phil