[Darshan-users] LD_PRELOAD system() call

Cristian Simarro cristian.simarro at ecmwf.int
Wed Apr 29 11:17:07 CDT 2015

Hello,

We have been facing some problems with system() call inside some C/Fortran codes in our Cray machine.

The method used here is compile dynamically and then use LD_PRELOAD. When the code calls system(command), it hangs the execution if preloaded with Darshan because it is trying to instrument an internal system read() with no initialization.

The solution we have designed is to unset LD_PRELOAD (if set before) in the darshan_mpi_initialize function.

Has anybody found a similar problem with LD_PRELOAD + system() calls?

Thanks,
Cristian

Cristian Simarro
Analyst, User Support Section
European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF)
Shinfield Park, Reading, RG2 9AX, United Kingdom
Tel:    (+44 118) 9499315                Fax:    (+44 118) 9869450
E-mail: Cristian.Simarro at ecmwf.int            http://www.ecmwf.int