[Darshan-users] DARSHAN and Open MPI

David Shrader dshrader at lanl.gov
Wed Mar 6 11:41:15 CST 2013

Hello All,

I have DARSHAN working with our mvapich2 1.8 GNU installation and am
trying to get it to work with a GNU build of Open MPI 1.6.3. The
building of DARSHAN completes without a problem when I point it to a
mpicc that is owned by Open MPI 1.6.3, but when I try to run an
application compiled with Open MPI 1.6.3, I get a seg fault. I know,
from reading the documentation, that DARSHAN seems to work easier with
MPICH derivatives; that being said, are there any known issues and/or
workarounds with trying to use Open MPI? Right now I am using a TOSS2
machine with dynamic linking (I currently can't do static linking due to
a missing static version of a system library).

Thank you!
David

--
David Shrader