[Darshan-users] Using darshan for non-MPI programs

Kevin Harms harms at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Jun 4 11:49:56 CDT 2013

Michael,

  Darshan itself needs MPI. It uses some collective calls and file routines when generating the log. The log is written when MPI_Finalize is called. If you're going to modify your POSIX program, then it seems easier to just instrument your main() with MPI_Init() and MPI_Finalize().

  Using:

void __attribute__ ((constructor)) PMPI_Init()

  i think would work to initialize darshan, but you still need to call PMPI_Finalize at some point to get the log.

kevin