[Darshan-users] Using darshan for non-MPI programs

Michael Kluge michael.kluge at tu-dresden.de
Tue Jun 4 08:37:24 CDT 2013

Dear list,

if I understand all the documentation well, darshan collects profiles of MPI programs only because it will initialize itself from a wrapper to MPI_Init(). Is this the only case, why pure POSIX programs (maybe multithreaded) would not work together with darshan?

Is there any chance that an approach that uses

void __attribute__ ((constructor)) my_lib_init()
(see: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Function-Attributes.html)

from gcc would work as well for pure POSIX programs?

Regards, Michael

--
Dr.-Ing. Michael Kluge

Technische Universität Dresden