[Darshan-users] no write information when using mvapich2

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 25 22:19:20 CDT 2013

Just a quick follow up for mailing list archival purposes.  We discussed
this problem a little bit more off-list and it looks like the issue is
related to tracking AIO operations issued by the nonblocking I/O
functions in MPI-IO. Here is a trac ticket with some more information:

     http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/darshan/ticket/115

I don't know why this is being triggered in mvapich but not openmpi in
David's case, but I'm able to reproduce it with a recent mpich build as
well.  We'll continue to look into it further.

thanks,
-Phil