[Darshan-users] Error when using LD_PRELOAD (already solved)

Florin Isaila florin.isaila at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 09:41:30 CST 2013

Hi,

I am sharing this as somebody else can bump into the same problem.

I tried to use darshan shared library.  After exporting LD_PRELOAD for
/homes/fisaila/software/darshan/lib/libdarshan.so I had the following
error in the shell:

make: symbol lookup error:
/homes/fisaila/software/darshan/lib/libdarshan.so: undefined symbol:
dlsym

The problem turned to be the default behavior of ld. In the
darshan-runtime/Makefile   I added  -Wl,--no-as-needed to
CFLAGS_SHARED (after -shared), recompiled and reinstalled the  library
and everything worked fine.

I am on Ubuntu 12.04 with  gcc version 4.6.3.

Regards
Florin