[Darshan-users] Minor issues

Harms, Kevin N. harms at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Dec 17 14:04:42 CST 2013

  Thank you for the bug reports.

> 1 - darshan-convert --annotate option : nb of character is limited to 6 for the metadata name
>
> When I tried to configure a metadata with annotate option, if the number of character of metadata name is superior to 6, the metadata is malformated.

  This one is partially fixed in 2.2.8. The outcome might not be exactly desirable but when darshan-convert runs it appends the previous log version in the metadata. When adding this, there is a check if the metadata field would be exceeded and if so, it drops all other metadata and inserts only the prev_ver=x.yz data. Given that the current size of the metadata is limited to 64 characters, when we try to add prev_ver=2.02 to the existing metadata, the size will always be exceeded so no existing or new metadata will be inserted and only the prev_ver data will be present.

  I created a RT ticket for this: https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/darshan/ticket/121

  I also committed a new code change that explicitly checks for overflow when appending user metadata.

  https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/darshan/changeset/808

> 2 - darshan-convert with bad argument -> segmentation fault
>
> When I used a bad argument for darshan-convert command, a segmentation occurred.
>
> Note : for the other Darshan commands, the help is displayed.
>
> [petit-v at valx13 darshan]$ darshan-convert --anotate
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

  I opened an RT ticket and fixed this in revision 808 as well.

  https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/darshan/ticket/120
  https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/darshan/changeset/808

kevin