[Darshan-users] Problem with darshan_log_getmounts and darshan_log_getexe

Matthieu Dorier matthieu.dorier at irisa.fr
Sat Apr 13 18:15:27 CDT 2013

Hi,

I'm using the C API of Darshan and I have some problems with the two functions mentioned in the title of this mail.
I'm testing them using 10024744407537054797.bz2 (in http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/darshan/data/intrepid/2012/9/1/).
This trace is supposed to show 4 mount points, which I see when using the darshan-parse command line tool, yet darshan_log_getmounts gives me 0 mount points.
The "exe" field is supposed to contain "3979759305", but when calling darshan_log_getexe I get the string "2.02".
These functions do not return any error code.

All other functions are working properly. I'm using version 2.2.5 of Darshan.

Just to check, here is how I use these functions:

int64_t** devs;
char*** mnt_pts;
char*** fs_types;
int count;
int err = darshan_log_getmounts(fd,devs,mnt_pts,fs_types,&count);
// here c = 0
free(devs); free(mnt_pts); free(fs_types);

char buffer[CP_EXE_LEN+2];
darshan_log_getexe(fd, buffer);

Is there a bug somewhere or am I misusing these functions?
Thanks!

Matthieu Dorier
PhD student at ENS Cachan Brittany and IRISA
http://people.irisa.fr/Matthieu.Dorier