[Darshan-users] Alternatives to Darshan for non-MPI applications ?

Kevin Harms harms at alcf.anl.gov
Mon Apr 8 12:40:23 CDT 2013

  Just for clarification, and you might realize this already, Darshan will record statistics about POSIX calls but yes it does require MPI_Init and MPI_Finalize to start and stop the collection as well as Darshan uses MPI internally to perform collective operations to gather and process all the result data and then write it out.

  If you had a non-MPI application, you could modify to add just MPI_Init/MPI_Finalize and link it to a MPI library and Darshan would still collect statistics about all the POSIX calls.

kevin