[Darshan-users] Alternatives to Darshan for non-MPI applications ?

Maxime Boissonneault maxime.boissonneault at calculquebec.ca
Mon Apr 8 11:05:55 CDT 2013

Hi,
We are interested in monitoring the IO on our cluster (Colosse @ Laval
University, in Quebec). We have been made aware of Darshan last year and
started to investigate further. I understand that Darshan is limited to
MPI applications only. I suspect the reason for this limitation is the
presence of hooks at the beginning and end of each MPI applications
(MPI_Init/Finalize). Am I correct with that ?

If that is the case, is anyone aware of a darshan-like utility that
would allow monitoring of non-MPI applications for posix calls ?

Thank you,