[Darshan-users] is darshan going to work with serial applications?

Kevin Harms harms at alcf.anl.gov
Thu Nov 8 10:08:11 CST 2012

Dragos,

  Darshan does require MPI. So you'll need to link with MPI and you will need to call MPI_Init() and MPI_Finalize(). After that, everything should work fine. Having a serial program shouldn't matter.

  int main()
  {
      MPI_Init()
      ... all your code ...
      MPI_Finalize()
  }

  If you have an difficulties, please let us know.

kevin