[Darshan-users] is darshan going to work with serial applications?

Dragos Constantin dragos.constantin at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 8 00:31:41 CST 2012

Dear Colleagues,
I try to benchmark the I/O load of a serial application based on Geant4. Someone suggested I use darshan but I am not so convinced it is going to work.

In order to reach statistical significance and to perform a 4D parameter sweep I have divided one huge task into tens of thousands of small tasks so each core of the cluster is solving a part of the problem. There is no message passing between tasks but I believe I can compile my application with MPI if that is needed by darshan to centralize data collection.

So, is it possible to use darshan with a serial application?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dragos Constantin, PhD

Research Associate
Department of Radiology