[Darshan-users] Data written to /dev/shm not captured by Darshan

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 19 07:24:57 CDT 2012

Hi Håkon,

Darshan is configured to automatically filter out access to certain
types of file systems, one of which is tmpfs.  If you look in the
darsan-runtime/lib/darshan-mpi-io.c file, there is a statement that
looks like this:

     static char* fs_exclusions[] = {
         "tmpfs",
         "proc",
         "sysfs",
         "devpts",
         "binfmt_misc",

If you delete the "tmpfs" line and recompile Darshan then it should pick
up the access to /dev/shm just like any other file system.

Unfortunately this is hard coded right now, but we can make this
configurable in the future.

thanks,
-Phil