[Darshan-users] Darshan 2.2.1 pre-release

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 12 09:29:04 CDT 2012

Hi all,

There is a pre-release version of Darshan 2.2.1 available at
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/darshan/download/.  As with any pre-release, this
2.2.1-pre1 version should not be used in production.  We may make
changes before the final 2.2.1 release based on testing.  We would love
to hear feedback from anyone who would like to try it out, though.

This release does a better job of tracking concurrent access from
multi-threaded applications, which should be helpful for hybrid
applications that use a combination of MPI and threading (or OpenMP).
The other big change is significantly improved Cray support, although we
intend to polish this further in upcoming releases.

thanks,
- the Darshan team

darshan-2.2.1-pre1 Changelog
* significant improvements to how counters are handled in multi-threaded
   applications
* initial (rough) documentation for using Darshan in the default Cray
   programming environment with static linking
* bug fixes:
   - workarounds for various runtime problems with cuserid() and stat() in
     Cray environments
   - build problems with darshan-utils on some versions of OSX
   - accurate shared file statistics for libraries that use deferred opens