[Darshan-users] Darshan and Intel MPI (x86_64)

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 20 12:44:15 CST 2012

I don't have any first-hand experience with Intel MPI, but in principle
it should work.

Does your MPI compiler produces dynamic executables by default?  If so,
can you try leaving your executable/binary unmodified and load the
libdarshan.so library at runtime using the LD_PRELOAD environment
variable, rather than directly linking it to your application?  There is
some more detail about this approach on this page:

http://wiki.mcs.anl.gov/Darshan/index.php/Dynamic_linking

thanks,
-Phil