[Darshan-users] Darshan Calibration

Kevin Harms harms at alcf.anl.gov
Wed Jun 1 10:09:49 CDT 2011

  I suppose there could be a few reasons. If anything is dynamically linked, then you would miss data from  that code. There also some code that filters out certain file system types. If you stop by, I can help you take a look.

> 1. Is there a definitive way of finding how Darshan intercepts the program?

  The default is static linking and in that method is uses the MPI/PMPI interfaces and for POSIX it uses the linker wrapping option.

> 2. Can I cross verify with some other tool what Darshan has produced is indeed consistent?

  Not that I know of.

> 3. Are there any calibration parameters that I can set while using Darshan?

  There are options you can change which affect what Darshan does with logs and such but not on how it collects data.

> 4. Has someone tried using Darshan with coreutils programs?

  In trunk/test there is a patch for 'cp'.

kevin