[Darshan-users] Darshan and AIX?

Julian Kunkel juliankunkel at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 22 03:20:47 CST 2010

Thanks guys for your help,
I modified configure by setting cross_compiling=yes
host and build did not work (maybe I have not experience with it, or
it detects that it should compile for the same host and switches to
no). now I was able to run configure properly.

To get around a problem with mpicc (under IBM PE it is called mpcc) I
created a wrapper bash script which just runs mpcc "$@"

On IBMs PE it seems that MPIO_Request should be MPI_Request, otherwise
the compiler argues.
int MPI_File_iread_at(MPI_File fh, MPI_Offset offset, void *buf,
    int count, MPI_Datatype datatype, MPI_Request *request);

I wonder if this issue will appear with other MPI libraries as well,
as it seems the MPI Standard uses here MPI_Request as Datatype.

There are two C++ style (//) comments in lib/darshan-mpi-io.c

At this point I have issues on compiling the parser with getopt, I
might continue to investigate this issues next year.
As we get a small Power7 Testsystem which runs under RedHat it might
be a better choice to test it there ;-)

Regards,
Julian

P.S. Have a merry chrismas.