[Cookie-users] Using PAPI on Cookie

Boyana Norris norris at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 6 15:51:00 CDT 2009

Van Bui wrote:
> Hi Albert,
>
> There can also be internal hardware conflicts with using too many
> memory counters in a single run. I often have to try out different
> sets of counters that can be counted together in a single run.

There is a program you can use for that in the PAPI installation --
papi_event_chooser. You can give it desired event names as arguments
(starting with one) and it returns the events that you could measure
simultaneously. You keep adding events to the argument list until you
run out of options. It would actually be very useful to have a script
automating that, but I haven't had a chance to write it.

Boyana