[Cookie-users] Using PAPI on Cookie

Boyana Norris norris at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 1 22:31:47 CDT 2009

Hi Albert,

Yes, we've been using PAPI quite extensively -- the most recent installed version is 3.6.2 and you can check whether the counters you are interested are supported by running

 /disks/soft/papi-3.6.2/bin/papi_avail

and if there is an event that's not supported, it is most likely still available natively -- you can check those names with papi_native_avail.

Boyana

Boyana Norris, Computer Scientist       |   Email: norris at mcs.anl.gov
Argonne National Laboratory             |   Phone: +1 (630) 252 7908
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~norris/         |   Fax:   +1 (630) 252 5986