[codes-ross-users] Replaying darshan log in separate environment.

Carns, Philip H. carns at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 24 09:41:30 CDT 2018

Hello,

I've attached an example script and configuration file that shows how to replay a Darshan log (on a real system with an MPI job, not in a CODES simulation) in case that is helpful.  If you are trying to run the workload in a simulation then there are some additional things you'll need to set up, but I think it will use some of the same configuration file format.

Be sure to look at the stdout and stderr from the replay.  If the workload generator encounters a pattern that it isn't sure how to handle, it will skip the file in question and print a warning.  You may have to update it to handle the patterns that you are interested in.

thanks,
-Phil