[codes-ross-users] codes model net problems

于雷(Yu Lei) yulei at buaa.edu.cn
Sat Aug 6 22:58:04 CDT 2016

Hi John,

Thanks for your response.

For the first question, the configuration is as follows:

LPGROUPS {
     ## cluster foo
     FOO_CLUSTER {
         repetitions="12";
         node="1";
         modelnet_simplenet at foo="1";
     }
     FOO_FORWARDERS {
         repetitions="4";
         forwarder="1";
         modelnet_simplenet at foo="1";
     }
     ## cluster bar
     BAR_CLUSTER {
         repetitions="12";
         node="1";
         modelnet_simplenet at bar="1";
     }
     BAR_FORWARDERS {
         repetitions="4";
         forwarder="1";
         modelnet_simplenet at bar="1";
     }
}

PARAMS {
     ## ROSS parameters
     message_size="352";

     ## global modelnet parameters
     modelnet_order=("simplenet");

     ## foo cluster network parameters
     packet_size at foo="8192";
     modelnet_scheduler at foo="fcfs";
     net_startup_ns at foo="1.5";
     net_bw_mbps at foo="10000";

     ## bar cluster network parameters
     packet_size at bar="2048";
     modelnet_scheduler at bar="round-robin";
     net_startup_ns at bar="3.0";
     net_bw_mbps at bar="15000";

     ## forwarding network parameters
     packet_size="4096";
     modelnet_scheduler="fcfs";
     net_startup_ns="8.0";
     net_bw_mbps="5000";
}

run_params {
     num_reqs="5";
     payload_sz="16384";
}

FOO_FORWARDERS and BAR_FORWARDERS are two groups. The lps in these
groups have the same type but have different annotations. we call
model_net_event_annotated(
         int net_id,//SIMPLENET(0)
         char const * annotation,
         char const * category,
         tw_lpid final_dest_lp, //sender->gid is 26,final_dest_lp is 58
         uint64_t message_size,
         tw_stime offset,
         int remote_event_size,
         void const * remote_event,
         int self_event_size,
         void const * self_event,
         tw_lp *sender);

Then we can achieve the communication between lp26 and lp58.

For the second questions, is it possible that we use model_net_event()
to establish a simple point-to-point connection and we send messages 1M
times and take the average?

Thanks,

Lei

在 2016/8/5 21:40, Jenkins, Jonathan P. 写道: