[codes-ross-users] Cmake fails with reason "include could not find load file:GetGitRevisionDescription"

Sughosh Divanji sdivanji at hawk.iit.edu
Thu Jan 29 17:57:36 CST 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to install ROSS and I am following the instructions on "
https://github.com/carothersc/ROSS/wiki/Installation".

git clone is successful. But cmake fails with following reason:

CMake Error at core/CMakeLists.txt:67 (INCLUDE):
  include could not find load file:

    GetGitRevisionDescription

CMake Error at core/CMakeLists.txt:68 (GET_GIT_HEAD_REVISION):
  Unknown CMake command "GET_GIT_HEAD_REVISION".

At first I tried compiling without DROSS_BUILD_MODELS option because the
recent changes are yet to be re-integrated in code base. And also, I am
getting the same error with DROSS_BUILD_MODELS option as well.

Please let me know how to fix this.

Thanks,
Sughosh
ᐧ