[codes-ross-users] Help needed in running codes.

Sughosh Divanji sdivanji at hawk.iit.edu
Thu Feb 26 20:37:54 CST 2015

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the info. I have setup CODESBASE,CODESNET and ROSS environment
variables and tried to run example.c. However, compiling is failing because
of the following reason.

sughosh at sughosh-Lenovo-G50-45:~/Desktop/IITC/CS597/codes-base/doc/example$
make
make: /home/sughosh/Desktop/IITC/CS597/ROSS/bin/ross-config: Command not
found
make: /home/sughosh/Desktop/IITC/CS597/ROSS/bin/ross-config: Command not
found
make: /home/sughosh/Desktop/IITC/CS597/ROSS/bin/ross-config: Command not
found
make: /home/sughosh/Desktop/IITC/CS597/ROSS/bin/ross-config: Command not
found
I/home/sughosh/Desktop/IITC/CS597/codes-base/include
-I/home/sughosh/Desktop/IITC/CS597/codes-net/include/codes
 -L/home/sughosh/Desktop/IITC/CS597/codes-base/lib
-L/home/sughosh/Desktop/IITC/CS597/codes-net/lib  example.c   -lcodes-net
-lcodes-base  -o example
make: I/home/sughosh/Desktop/IITC/CS597/codes-base/include: Command not
found
make: [example] Error 127 (ignored)

bin directory is not prsent in my ROSS installation and the same with other
errors as well.

I tried compiling codes-base 0.3.0 but it was failing at
src/util/codes_mapping.c:483:51
as I have indicated in my earlier mail. So, I downloaded the source code
from the git link mentioned in Developer Access page,
http://git.mcs.anl.gov/radix/codes-base and git.mcs.anl.gov/radix/codes-net and
was able to compile codes-base and codes-net succesfully. For ROSS I have
downloaded source code from https://github.com/carothersc/ROSS.

Thanks,
Sughosh
ᐧ