[cgma-dev] CGMA issue found by GRUMMP developers

Vander Zee, Evan B. vanderzee at anl.gov
Thu Sep 11 14:35:09 CDT 2014

I've been pursuing some options for getting an open source surface geometry triangle mesher integrated into MeshKit, and I've been interacting with some of the GRUMMP developers, since GRUMMP is one possible open source trimesher that we could include in MeshKit.  The current releases of GRUMMP depend on CGM 12, so we asked them to upgrade from version 12 to version 13.1.  They agreed to do that but ran into a problem with the CGM code along the way.

I've attached two files sent to me by Carl Ollivier-Gooch and prepared by his postdoc Dan Zaide.  The PDF describes an issue they had with their upgrade to CGM 13.1 and a possible bug fix.

I'm a newbie where CGM is concerned, but I looked at the portion of code discussed in the PDF, and it looks like the problem described may still exist in the CGM master branch near line 1170 of geom/Cholla/ChollaEngine.cpp.  Would one of you more knowledgeable CGM developers be willing to take a look?

Thanks,
Evan VanderZee