[cgma-dev] Inconsistency in getEntities for iGeom interface. Causes problems in iRel.

Patrick Shriwise shriwise at wisc.edu
Fri Jul 11 18:21:52 CDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm currently working on the changes to iGeom that Paul previously
proposed. I've hit one test when built with OCC (copy_attrib) that
suggests that tags are expected to be copied along with an entity when
using iGeom functions like copyEnt or subtractEnt. Is this the case? Are
these specifc tags that are supposed to be copied if they exist on the
original entity?

Also to be clear this has become an issue because for volume entities we
now use the RefVolume to get the volume Body and make a copy of that
body using the GeometryModifyTool. The Body we make a copy of does not
have the tags associated with the RefVolume. As a result the new Body
and the corresponding RefVolumethat we return from the function does not
have the original tags.

These tags can be transferred to the new entity before leaving the
function of course, but we're looking for the proper way to handle this
situation. Mainly it would be good to know if there is a particular tag
or tags that should be copied over to new entity upon it's creation.

Cheers,

Patrick