[cgma-dev] cgm body pointer error

Patrick Shriwise shriwise at wisc.edu
Mon Jul 7 08:00:23 CDT 2014

Hi all,

I've been working on re-tooling the iGeom interface. As a part of this,
the iGeom will now only return RefVolumes. However, in many cases it is
much easier to use bodies to modify the geometric model. I've been
attempting to use the RefVolume method get_body_ptr() to retrieve the
volume's body and use that to modify the model, but when I attempt to
use the method my programs often seg fault for some unknown reason.

I'm using the master branch of CGM built with Cubit 14.0. All tests pass
except the one I've attached which creates a body using the geometry
query tool, get's the RefVolume for the body, and then attempts to
retrieve the body from the RefVolume (where it fails) and delete it.

If there's some misunderstanding I'm having about the purpose of any of
these functions please let me know!

Cheers,

--
Patrick C. Shriwise