[cgma-dev] CMake build system

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Wed Jan 22 08:36:12 CST 2014

Hi Tim and Jane,

> Actually, ideally, we'd like to get to the point of using the same CMakeLists.txt files as cubit uses, possibly modulo including / not including some of the init stuff unique to ANL's version of CGM (presumably controllable using a CMake variable/option).
>
> Sandia/CSimsoft peple, feel free to chime in here...

As long as there is a path to get fixes moved into these files, that would be great; currently they do not include complete install rules (I've pushed a branch to a clone[1] of CGM at github to fix most of this), they do not build a single cgm library (things are broken into convenience libraries for each engine, for instance), there is no cgm.make created so that projects can build against a CMake-built version of CGM, and the tests are not built.

I'll continue to update the cmake branch at the link below until it's ready for a merge, but it would be nice to hear how the changes might be fed upstream into cubit (or if some of the changes are at cross purposes to cubit).

	Thanks,
	David

[1]: https://github.com/vibraphone/cgma/tree/cmake