[cgma-dev] Adapting Meshkit to Stretched Grid

Alexander Vizard avizard at gwmail.gwu.edu
Tue Jan 14 13:02:07 CST 2014

Hello,

I am a researcher at George Washington University, aiming to use MeshKit to
to find volume fractions for a fluid-structure interaction problem, which I
will solve using an in-house immersed boundary CFD code. The surface
geometry that I plan to use is in .stl format, so my understanding is that
I do not need to configure the MeshKit with the "iGeom" option. I am able
to configure the MeshKit with iMesh successfully, following all steps on
the "How do I build MeshKit for EBMesh" page, except the final step for
running the test executable, for I have not included the iGeom software in
the configuration which I assume the test requires.

My question now is as follows: the 3D cartesian fluid grid that I will use
on my fluid simulation is stretched in the vertical and streamwise
directions (finer grid near the wall, for example). My understanding is
that this should not be a problematic change to implement into the volume
fraction solver, but I am unsure of how to approach the alterations. As
always, any assistance and insight that you can provide is greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,

Alexander Vizard
avizard at gwmail.gwu.edu